ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RECAROS OR NO RECAROS?

RS200
ive got a 200 on order and tommorow im ringing up the dealer to get recaros as an option just wanted to know if you guys think its a good idea to have them.
ive always adored the recaros but i was worried that there too much to live with every day but now i want them too much.
Any one who has recaros from the 197 or 200 let me know if there a good choice

Thanks

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
That doesn't sound bad to me, they look lovely ... I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Do you think you maybe able to knock him down a bit on the option price?

Tav

Clio 197
£850 is really good value I'd say. I wouldn't buy a 197/200 without the Recaro's, you'd be mad not to buy them...

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
£850 for 2 seats.. is that a lot?

£850 is a bargain mate, Im lookin at the same seats for my 172 & the cheapest I can get them is £1500
You HAVE to go for the Recaro's!!!!!!
It will be a big help with the resale value when u come to sell it on!
I wouldnt consider buying a 197 or 200 that didn't have them!

172 gone :( 197 now :)
I'd be looking for second hand one with recaro's in a few years. a private buyer would have it off u within days and pay decent price cos they'll be looking for one with recaro's and they'll be hard to find.

clio 197
Sorry im new on here,

I have just brought a 197 with the cup upgrade ? it didnt come with recaro,s but they had another 197 in the showroom with them in, i told them i wanted them in the one i was buying, and they did they swapped and fitted them for £500 what a bargain,
Worth EVERY penny mate, slightly dodgy to get in and out, but when your in your in lol,

Sorry guys, just trying to find my way round, where do i post my newbie post, lol

Craig.

Would echo everybody's recommendation to go for the Recaro's even though I avoided them and went standard. Having titaniums rods/cages in my spine kinda swayed my decision.:(

LY 200
No imo mate. Simply because of the ride and the wearing issues on them ( poorly made imo).

As for the price, you won't get anything knocked of because you've bought the car already.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
It's worth some serious thought on a 200 as the cup chassis really feels much more stiff than a 197!!

Depends on the lengths of journey you do.

I must be getting old now(!)as I wouldn't wanna do much more than a couple of hundred miles in one go...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I answered this when you first posted about your 200.
Not speccing recaros will knock it's resale value in the future as 90% want the recaros fact!
It's almost as bad as not speccing the cup pack:eek:
Cups perfect spec is 'full house' & thats what i've got;)

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Do it!! If you like to 'drive'.. go for it.. You'll be sure to regret it if you dont fella. However, if you like to make shopping trips only.. waste of time.. even waste of time buying a RS200 tbh.. lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Depends what you're using the car for. The standard seats are very good (unlike the 1*2's) so if it's purely for road use, I wouldn't bother. Yes resale will be slightly lower, but £850 lower? Roffle! My arse!
If you're going to be tracking it, probably worth it.

clio 172 cup
the cars doesnt look right with normal seats just like the 172 cup with its seats :( pathetic.
recaros all the way £850 is nothing dont VW charge a couple of grand for theres on the r32

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I wouldnt buy a 197/200 without recaro's. Be worth it come time when you sell it
I don't think it will. Can you honestly see cars going for £850 more with the seats? Will be easier to sell, but not going to be a difficult car to sell either way. Are all the recaro's in the 200 that horrible yellow colour?

LY 200
If there's a 200 for sale in exellent conditon low mileage fsh, etc and in the colour they want (especially AG and LY) I can't see the majority of people walking away becase it hasn't got Recaros. :dapprove:

I don't think it will. Can you honestly see cars going for £850 more with the seats? Will be easier to sell, but not going to be a difficult car to sell either way. Are all the recaro's in the 200 that horrible yellow colour?

Aye thats what I meant, means you will sell it easier. Doubt you'll get the £850 back, but when your spending about £15k on a brand new car, I don't think £850 is a huge amount.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Aye thats what I meant, means you will sell it easier. Doubt you'll get the £850 back, but when your spending about £15k on a brand new car, I don't think £850 is a huge amount.
I see where you're coming from. I think on the 182 it was essential as the standard seats were a joke. The standard 197/200 seats are an excellent road seat, so the benefits questionable to me. Do you lose side airbags with the recaro's?

RS200
Do it!! If you like to 'drive'.. go for it.. You'll be sure to regret it if you dont fella. However, if you like to make shopping trips only.. waste of time.. even waste of time buying a RS200 tbh.. lol

well im pretty happy with getting it mate its a brilliant car!
Im ringing the dealer back on monday when there admin department is open and getting it all done!
Im planning to do 3-4 track days a year so the recaros would come in handy there.
Any more than that and i,ll be paying out my arse for tyres and petrol.
thanks for all your opinions i think "get them is the general opinion" lol

BG 182 FF
Recaros is a must imo, it would be the first thing I would be asking for even at the price they come at

RS200
Spec looks like this now: RS200
Glacier White
Cup Chassis
Recaros

Just been told now that the car could be mine end of september instead of start of october :D :D :D

RS200
Nope the normal 200
Yeah he said its fine but the admin dept isnt open till mon so need to ring them
Hes going to send me the paper work with the change of details

172 5HED
Its £850 added onto the term of your finance over x years so works out more than £850!!!!

But meh, its not my money, so get em!!

RS200
Im not doing the finance option any more im paying outright
Ive worked out that its much cheaper, just means using most of my savings
But when i sell the car i,ll get money back anyway.
I rekon in 18 months to 2 years i could get 11k for it or more even
?

Evo
£850 for 2 seats.. is that a lot?

Yes its alot, the difference between recaros and std renaultsport seats is just the harness loops and lack of headrest. Bulsters and actual seat shape are near enough the same.

Recaros are comfy though, after two hours sure you start to get a lower back ache but apart from that no dramas.