ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Trendline's won't slide in 182

BG FF 182
Hi guys. I just got a FF 182 in blackgold with factory fitted Trendline's.

When I test drove the car everything was fine but when I picked up the car the seller told me that while cleaning it he had the passenger seat slid all the way forward and now it won't slide back. I assumed this would be just down to some dirt or something blocking it but there's nothing I can see. It still tilts OK but won't slide. When I try to slide it one track is solid and the other one seems like it would move if the other want stuck.

Does anyone know what it could be or is there a schematic somewhere I can use to dismantle the seats and put them back together again.

On a similar note, while I'm messing around with the seats I thought it might be a good idea to swap the driver and passenger seats so that the passenger's starts to wear to keep it all even. Are the seats identical making this possible?

Thanks in advance. The first thing I did when I was looking at 182s was join here as it seems like a fantastic resource.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You can't swap them due to the handles to access the rear.

There are only four bolts holding them in, i'd take the whole seat out and get a good look at the sliding rails.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Seats are sided mate so it wont work, probably just been forced forward to far and come off the rail somehow, give it some stick and it should go back.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
If there's enough room, pull the rail handle and sit in it. Launch yourself backwards, ' should hopefully put the seat back.

Or safe bets is what dan said, 4 bolts and inspect. Those seats ain't cheap!

BG FF 182
There are tabs on both sides to tilt the seats forward so is there any other reason I couldn't swap them?

i tried using all my weight pushing back into the seat to push it back but it doesn't give at all. I'll try unscrewing the bolts and see if I can fix it that way.

if I wanted to swap them would it be a case of bolting them back in with those four bolts in the other side of the car?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I know on my saxo, may or not be the same tere was a gold clip which popped out meaning it wouldnt stay on the rail. Just compare the two rails to eachother.