ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Trendline Seat sticking?

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Hi guys,

My 04 182 with Recaro's has a passenger seat which is sticking. Nothing seems to be obstructing to the path but now I am unsure on how to proceed.

1) Is the frame/runner that the trendline sits on, different from what would have been on the car originally? (Not from factory, Recaros were bought/installed post factory sale from previous owner)

2) Is there anything you can recommend trying, or looking for in order to solve this?

Thanks, Sam

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
@SaMk2 - have you tried wiggling the seat in all directions while pulling the seat lever. Does it feel like just one side is sticking or both sides.

If you still cant get it to move then get under the seat with a 5mm hex /allan key and remove the seat (quicker than unbolting from under the car). you should then be able to see the mechanism.

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
@optical
@SaMk2 - have you tried wiggling the seat in all directions while pulling the seat lever. Does it feel like just one side is sticking or both sides.

If you still cant get it to move then get under the seat with a 5mm hex /allan key and remove the seat (quicker than unbolting from under the car). you should then be able to see the mechanism.

100% its stuck on the left side, spent forever wiggling and trying to force it back. Where exactly are the hex/allen screws located (Roughly)

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
87A29691-D8E3-42B5-A5A9-81B3AA0C82C5_zpsn29uelox.jpg

Thats the view of the bottom of the seat, the two silver round bolts are the ones that fasten the seat to the frame.
you could also go under the car with a deep 13mm socket and remove the whole seat +frame and rails.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
A pic of your runners would be good as they may have been bodged in and not used the correct sliders or adaptors.

1.2 Dynam & 182FFCup
Thats the view of the bottom of the seat, the two silver round bolts are the ones that fasten the seat to the frame.
you could also go under the car with a deep 13mm socket and remove the whole seat +frame and rails.

Thanks for the picture man, great help. Im not really in a position to rip the whole frame out but ill try the Allen/Hex first.
A pic of your runners would be good as they may have been bodged in and not used the correct sliders or adaptors.

I'll throw a picture up in due course, though I can't imagine that would be it, they've been functional for the past 2 years.