ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Sportsters on track?

Does anyone use the 197/megane seats on track? Are they supportive enough?

Looking at using some for another project ( 3 door and need rear access so cant go full buckets) but its a lot of money if they're not similarly supportive.

Cheers

They'd be fine mate, not tracked in them but sat in them and they're nice and supportive, maybe get a CGLock as well to keep you more planted.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I have full leather Recaro Sportster CS’s from a Megane mk3 250 in my Mk2 Megane, and I think they’re good enough for general track use, far better than the Trendlines IMO.

182 Trophy
I run Recaro Speeds in my 182 Trophy. The support is MUCH better than the original Trendlines but the seat backs still fold forward for decent rear access. Best bit was being able to use the original subframes (just a few holes needed drilling).

3c84886281d2eec9a852f150351b0f4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I run Recaro Speeds in my 182 Trophy. The support is MUCH better than the original Trendlines but the seat backs still fold forward for decent rear access. Best bit was being able to use the original subframes (just a few holes needed drilling).

View attachment 1350353

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very similar to what you get in a DC5, they are an incredible seat for a road worthy track car. I could spend hours sat in them, they’re that comfy.

Personally I hate the sportster cs seat, they’re too hard. (That’s what she said?) And, really not that supportive.

Alfa 159 TI, 172 Cup
Does anyone use the 197/megane seats on track? Are they supportive enough?

Looking at using some for another project ( 3 door and need rear access so cant go full buckets) but its a lot of money if they're not similarly supportive.

Cheers

What are you fitting these in?