ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro questions

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Got myself some trophy rerecaros just a few little iSsues and wondering if anyone can help?

firstly when letting some one in the back the chair lifts up smoothly but when putting back down the seat is really stiff, feels to be only the one side ( centre/inside) I think.

They are out of trophy #64 so does this mean that car has been in a smash? If so will this affect the pre tensioners or do they work continuously?

lastly got a few marks on the Alcantara part of the seat and wondering if anyone knows any ways of cleaning them?

Cheers guys

Now Sold :-(
point 1. Mine are the same. Tilt forward as smooth as silk but are stiff and clunky when returned to upright. As both mine do it I decided this must just be how they are.

point 2. Not necessarily. Check on trophy.net they have a register of all the trophy's with details of where they are etc. May have been stripped for track use etc. My seats are from one that just doesn't appear on the register so I have no idea what became of the car mine came from. If it was crashed just check them for damage.

point 3. Get a suede/alcantara brush and some raceglaze alcantara cleaner. Light misting and a gentle brush will bring them back to their best.

Enjoy them they are not as supportive as a lot of other seats but do look the business.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Cheers pal

I have tried greasing the joints but no change, must be usual or a common fault

So what does that mean then most likely? Last buyer stripper it for selling maybe?

Now Sold :-(
No way to know for certain unless the car pops back up on one of the forums.
It's last entry was in 2009 when it was sold. The new/subsequent owners have not updated the register with any info since then.