ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro advice

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
I'm purchasing some trendlines tomorrow morning and I've been advised that if its possible I should swap the frames on the seats so driver becomes passenger, reason being is for even wear

what you guys reckon and is it possible?

cheers

RS6 C7
Problem being that the adjustment handles etc will be on the wrong side so if you want to let someone in the back it's a bit of a pain!

I can't remember off the top of my head if it's possible, I'm pretty sure it is as the lad who purchased a set off me a while back was on about it.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Scrap that then, only wanted to do it if the actual seats wasn't handed, forgot about the rear access handles

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
The recaros having reclining leavers on both side of the seats.

You could swap what seat goes onto what frame, but the frames have to go on either side of the car respectivly.

Its just 4 bolts on each seat.

RS6 C7
The recaros having reclining leavers on both side of the seats.

You could swap what seat goes onto what frame, but the frames have to go on either side of the car respectivly.

Its just 4 bolts on each seat.
I thought the trendlines only had one release catch for letting people in the back?

I know they have a knob each side for adjusting the recline position.

Transit & Death trap
I think you should be able to swap the seats, if you look closely at the recline knob on the drivers seat in the first pic, you can just about see what looks like another release handle, also on the passenger seat in the other pic.
I may be wrong, but it appears they're on both sides of the seats :)

Sorry the pictures aren't great:eek:

IMG
DSC05658_zps1635ec62.jpg
IMG
IMG
DSC05650_zpse4fe28fb.jpg
IMG

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I think the cushions bolsters are different sizes...

theres no reason why you can't though.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Isn't the one side recline only, and other side recline and slide forward or with recaros is it to get people in the back do you fully recline forward then slide seat from underneath?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Isn't the one side recline only, and other side recline and slide forward or with recaros is it to get people in the back do you fully recline forward then slide seat from underneath?

The recaros have a crappy little leaver that you lift up and pull the upright bit forward, then ones this is forward it slides forward on the rails.

Just like any other seats in a 3 door car.