ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reasonable price for 182

FF Clio 182
Still debating about upgrading to a 182. Anyone know the average price for a good one. I seen some ranging from £1500 all the way up to £5500.

I was thinking around £2500 to £3000?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

182 FF
I wouldn't pay more than 3k and if I did i'd want a recent cam belt change by someone who knows what their doing and a long service history. If you don't mind buying privately and being cheeky you'll be surprised how much money some people will knock off their asking price. For example I managed to get a 54 plate 182 FF 58k on the clock, very recent cambelt and not a mark on it for £2200 when he was asking £2800.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Unless you're very lucky, you can't buy a decent 182 for under £3k.

By decent, I mean it needs nothing spending on it!

People overlook discs, pads, rear shocks, engine mounts, dephasers, belts.... That's probably £1000 worth of work on its own!

RB 182 / V6 Touareg
Have to agree also I picked up a clean 54 plate RB at £2400 thinking I had got a bargain, exhaust was totally shot lasted a week, wheel bearing collapsed meaning new discs, new plugs, and a few niggily bits and i was soon a £1000 less off!!! Just a word of warning :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
People that look after their cars properly don't sell them cheap.

Everything (usually) is cheap for a reason.

172/vx220t/m135i
you gets what you pays for, yeah there are 1*2's for as little as £1200 but you will be throwing money at it for that price.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I won't be selling mine for a penny less than £3000. It's got over £5,000's worth of reciepts with it! Literally no expense spared!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah, but my dad's borrowing it until the 17th jan.

It was for sale on here not long ago.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My first 182 cost me £6,000 and it was an absolute s**tter! Fell apart in 6 months...

My second 182 cost me £1,850 and hand on heart it's been one of the best, most reliable cars I've ever owned, I'm hoping this will be the longest I've ever kept a car.

So there are good deals out there!

FF Clio 182
Oh one I looking at is 05 182FF 48,000 miles full service history but and there is a big but! Never had any of the belts changed, dent in rear quarter, cracked front splitter, perished steering wheel and general cosmetic bits and bobs. Guy said he wanted £4000 for it so I told him where to stick it! But going to see if I can get him down on price. I don't mind buying it for like £2000 spending £1000 getting it all done because its would still be a good price.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
To give you an example. Mine is an 05 ff inferno, fsh by Birchdown, belts done by them, no dents, few stone chips on the front, needs nothing, 63500 miles and its 3250. Think it's sold mind. Oh and immaculate with a few subtle mods.

FF Clio 182
Yh if the car had the belts done and was in good condition then I would accept £4000 but it isn't in good condition and its going to cost £1000+ to put right so like I said £2000 was a good offer :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Will give you a clue he's not going to knock two grand off. And regardless of the work it needs I'd be pissed if someone offered me that, no offence btw :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Find one then lol. I can't understand why your even contemplating the one in question. It needs work, and is overpriced.

FF Clio 182
Yh just been looking at them on price sales and they all seem around £3000 but I'm no expert. He getting a brand new car so will probably sell it at trade in value so. Cheers and thanks for your advice.