ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wiper problem

172 Cup
My rear wiper doesn't work, and I presume it'll need to for the MOT.
I've checked the fuse and that's ok.
When I hold the rear wiper washer the jets come out the front

Any ideas what would cause this?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'd start off by checking if you have power at the rear wiper motor as it's not uncommon for wiring to break or be damaged where it comes through from the bodywork and into the bootlid.

As for the rear washer operating the fronts, there's a few threads on this I believe, theres a valve in the washer pump that sends fluid to either the front or rear depending on which you operate, over time these get 'gunked' up and don't operate properly, there is a way of cleaning things up, I'll see if I can find a thread and link it in here

Ads

PH2 172
My rear wiper doesn't work, and I presume it'll need to for the MOT.
I've checked the fuse and that's ok.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE.
Rear washers and wipers are not required to be fitted under the Construction & Use Regulations, and they are not included in the list of testable items for the MoT inspection, so a faulty rear washer will NOT be a fail. Whether a rear wiper/washer is fitted, or was fitted originally, is immaterial.