ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Wiper Blanking

Clio 220 Trophy
Hi all,
Just a quick question. What is everyones opinion on getting the rear wiper blade blanked off? Is it worth it? Is it a difficult job to do? Is there any benefits to doing it?

Cheers

clio mk1 RSI
It looks better, but you will miss it , more so on the motorway I found, If you want to be really anal saves a bit of weight.

330 Ci
IMO looks good blanked off, although is it worth removing the whole rear wiper mechanism just for the look?

If your doing it to save weight iirc the mechanism weighs 5.5kgs - worth it?

Clio 220 Trophy
im really looking for the looks in honesty found a carbon blanking plate for it which really caught my eye! since i have a cup the weight 5.5kgs not really that big of a deal to me. i dont tend to use the back blade much it never wipes clean anyways.

anybody have any instructions etc on how to remove etc?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I just cut mine off with the dremel.

6041825790_d7317d9713_z.jpg

IMG_7498 by fletcher10, on Flickr

£1.80 for a pack of bungs from Halfords. Job done!

Clio 220 Trophy
that looks a lot nicer i must admit. noticed you have the newer renault sport badge two any tips where to get that from apart paying renaults prices lol

Clio 220 Trophy
will it also pass mot etc without that rear blade? i take it it would but just have to ask as there fitted standard

Clio 220 Trophy
thanks guys. :)
looks like a plan for the weekend now then :)

maybe i may pull the motor out but i will have to see how difficult that is ;)

Its easy.
The hardest part is getting the arm off. Then behind that is a big thin nut.
Then from inside just take the plastic trim off from the inside of the boot. Think its clips possibly couple of screws.
Then the motor is just three bolts iirc.