ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wiper arm stuck, trying to replace

CLIO RS 182
Hey guys

Am trying to replace my rear wiper arm. Have removed the bolt holding it on, but the old arm does not seem to want to come loose.
I'm not sure if it's rusted into place or if I'm simply doing something wrong?
It should come off fairly easily after the bolt has come off, yeah?

Any tips greatly appreciated

clio sport 172 ph1
They always weld themselves to the splines so you have to use a puller of which normally snapped the arm

Clio 182 - RB
Theres a guide on here showing that you can use a 13mm and a 17mm spanner to get it off... Maybe worth having a look for as i did it on my old Clio and worked a treat.

Also plenty of WD-40.

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
I had to use a ball joint breaker on my front ones to remove them - a wiper arm remover wouldn't do the trick and actually bent!

CLIO RS 182
How badly was yours stuck? After removing the nut, my wiper arm wont move at all. Not even a little bit. I've been soaking it in WD40 in the hope that it might eat through some of the sh*t that's causing it to be stuck.

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
I used a cheaper wiper arm removal tool first and it bent the arms rendering it useless! (And that was after trying plusgas on it too) that little c shaped toll was the only thing that would move the front ones..

CLIO RS 182
I'd totally cut it off but I don't have the tools to do so. Looks like a good old hacksaw is 4x the price of a ball joint splitter :S

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Same issue on mine a while back! Ended up using a heat gun to get it off. Then some dirty student broke the new arm I put on it so I removed the whole thing and run no rear wiper.

CLIO RS 182
I hate leaving jobs unfinished, so I caved and went and got the ball joint splitter that @Rolls spoke of. A couple of turns and it popped right off! New rear arm installed, and now it looks like I have that other common issue of the rear wiper blade not quite wiping the top of the rear window, haha. Hardly a big deal though, I guess

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
These things are so much easier with the right tools! Glad I could help!