ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear windscreen washer jet

BG FF182
Can anyone give me any pointers about where to start looking at finding out why the rear windscreen washer jet isn't working on my 182?

The fronts (both windscreen and lights) work fine, and when you you twist the stick to get it to come on you can hear the motor spinning up but no water comes out the rear one.

I am assuming that there is only the one water resevoir, if not where is the other one?

I have checked the nozzle to make sure that nothing is stuck or blocking it and it looks clear to me.

Any ideas................

How long has it been doing it for ? If it's been doing it since you've had the car the hose to it might have a kink in it.

I know you said the nozzle looks clear, had you tried pushing a nedle into it ?

^^^ take the rear spoiler off and as craig says check the pipe isnt kinked, had this problem with mine after fitting my new cup spoiler.

jamie

BG FF182
How long has it been doing it for ? If it's been doing it since you've had the car the hose to it might have a kink in it.

I know you said the nozzle looks clear, had you tried pushing a nedle into it ?

I must admit it was something I didn't check when I bought it :eek:, and the other day was the first time I tried it. I have poked a pin in it to see if that makes any difference and it didn't.

^^^ take the rear spoiler off and as craig says check the pipe isnt kinked, had this problem with mine after fitting my new cup spoiler.

jamie

Now how do you take the rear spoiler off to see if the tube has a kink in it?

Thanks for the advice so far......

clio 182
it might be block in the pipe some where there common for clogging up, i normally get an air blower from work and blast it out.

Clio
Can also be the washer pump. Seen it a couple of times where the pump will run but no water is pumped. Both times i've seen it (on a PH21.2 and PH21.4) though it was the front which wouldn't wash but the rear did, even though there is only one pump!