ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear window wipes but front washers work instead

On my 172 mk2 ph2 when I flip the end of the stalk all the way so that it washes the rear screen my wiper moves but the washer jets on the windscreen work instead, is this a fuse or just a "French electrics" thing? Any help would be great.

lrj

Clio II Ph1 1.4 16v
If you pull the stalk as if you wanted to wash and wipe the front windscreen, do you get the front wipers working and the rear windscreen washed? If so, try swapping the pipes round on the washer pump.

RS mk2 172
On my 172 mk2 ph2 when I flip the end of the stalk all the way so that it washes the rear screen my wiper moves but the washer jets on the windscreen work instead, is this a fuse or just a "French electrics" thing? Any help would be great.

Mine does this too. The front washers spray when I operate switch for rears and when I pull stalk towards me. Also sometimes the rear wiper wont turn off, seems to point to the switch.

clio 182 black /gold
Im sure you need a new washer pump. Mine went for a health check at Renault and it did that. They said that a diaphram i think in the pump has gone so the water only comes out of the the front washers instead of the rear.

Ok thanks for the heads up I just thought it might of been something to do with the wiring in the washer stalk. I've got a spare pump so will get that sorted out.

182 Cup
Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread but i feel its better to keep everything in one place rather than keep reinventing the wheel :approve:.

I have the same problem with the fronts working when the rear is operated.

Does anyone know if changing the pump fixes this problem?

Cheers

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
I had this problem with the reversed spaying, I am not sure if it is the pump, but a simple fix for me was to just swap the pipes on the pump around, the pump has two outlets, one for windscreen and one for back window.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
The pumps are in the washer bottle under the front scuttle, you have to take the wiper arms off to remove the scuttle, easy if you have a puller for the arms.
Cheers