ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel offset/spacing different on each side

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
On my 182 I am pretty sure that the drivers side rear wheel sits further in to the arch than the passenger side. I was taking photos last night and it just seems as though the passenger side wheel fills the arch a lot more. I have no spacers on the rear, just my ET35 Turinis.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it an illusion? Can it be fixed by putting a spacer on only one side?

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Can often be build tolerances. Its nto uncommon for factory built cars to have up to 5mm tolerance on bodywork and other mounts.

It would be better to leave as is, the geometry is likely to be correct, buy adding one off spacers this would upset this.

Worth checking your wheels are definately the same spec though.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Could be a couple of options..

No disc spacer
Wrong offset wheel
Wrong hub fitted
Or beam has had a little knock.

E46 M3, Clio 182
I had this on my old fiesta with Cosworth wheels, one of the rear wheels was noticeably more pushed out, and I was told it was tolerances, just a lot more noticeable when the car is lowered.