ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel bearings gone

BG 182FF
Well it's been an expensive month... After a dephaser service, a coil spring, new exhaust and a front wheel bearing. The rear wheel bearing has decided to start grumbling.

I understand it's built into the disc so I just buy the assembly, what else do I need? I'm planning on a new hub nut and have heard people mention an abs ring? Is it easy enough for me to do myself or just chuck it in a garage?

What is the torque for the hub nut? I've read 140nm but I thought I had better check here! Is there a link to a 'how to'?

172 Cup
If you buy new discs and pads from Renault, they come with the bearing and abs ring so it's just bolt on.

This. Also be mindful of the spacer washer than goes between the hub and disc & bearing assembly; it should be fitted with the chamfered/tapered side facing the hub/flat side facing the bearing. Your bearings will wear out quickly if this isn't fit

Have a look at this thread for torque wrench settings: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?687911-172-182-Torque-Wrench-Settings

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yep check the spacer washers are present and refitted

Rear hub nut torque is 175nm

There is a good step by step guide in the guide section but you will have to become a member to see it , which is well worth it and will pay for itself in no time at all

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Really simple job tbh especially if you get new discs with the bearings pressed in but if you can't stretch to that pretty much any garage will press you some bearings in for not alot of cash.

Clio sport 182 cup
Away to fit new discs and pads myself this weekend. Got a good deal from my local renault dealer for a set of rear discs and pads £105 all in :)