ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Wheel Bearing.. Talk To Me...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok so one of my rear wheel bearings has gone I think, but tbh I could also do with new rear discs anyways.

I remember reading somewhere that discs come with bearings in already or something? Or am I talking crap?

If not, is it something I can do myself? Or something worth paying to get done?

Many thanks, hugs and kisses

The guy with the constantly broken ph1...

Westy. MX5
They mostly come fitted with bearings, some do not. As you need new discs as well Reno OE's are for you, or ECP or GSF supply other brands with bearings.

Westy. MX5
Yes. NWP are nice people to do business with, the web site should say if they have fitted bearings.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I haven't checked it Mike, but the rear brakes looked shagged anyways, I'm 99% sure its a wheel bearing as its there when I turn engine off or clutch down etc and I can hear it coming from the back.

How do I go about checking it??

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
jack the car up and wobble the wheel top to bottom and side to side. If theres play, it needs a bearing. The same can be said if it won't turn freely.

That fcuking car!! Wish i'd never sold the fcuking thing to you!!! Sorry mate. :(

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
yeah as dan said and spin it listening for a rumbling noise. Oh yeah i may have a set of brand new renault discs you can have il double check tommorow!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Daniel, I'll check it soon, its definately one of them, as I've had one go before and it sounds exactly the same.

S'alright dude, just what happens when you buy second hand motors I guess.

I spent thousands on that 1.2 before it worked beautifully, I just hope the same can't be said for this one... lol!

Mike, you rock my world tbh.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh and I've got my camera sorted now so if you're about to get it done one eveing, we can get some evening car park shots too (not a particually good camera, but I have a mini tripod and it makes for a better evening photo due to no shake with longer shutter times)

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Sounds good! I should be able to do them any evening after tues-wed as i have got the bmw to finish waiting for a bloody window regulator!

Clio 172 RS2
Ok so one of my rear wheel bearings has gone I think, but tbh I could also do with new rear discs anyways.

I remember reading somewhere that discs come with bearings in already or something? Or am I talking crap?

If not, is it something I can do myself? Or something worth paying to get done?

Get new discs with pressed in bearings... instead pressing your old ones out (good luck) re-pressing them in the discs to find out they knackered and you'll press them to pieces in doing so anyway.

Or after some months do it allover again with new bearings.