ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel bearing keeps going

clio 1.4RT
Hi,

Need pointing in the right direction please

Ive got an old mk 1 ph 3 1.4rt clio and the rear n/s wheel bearing keeps going (humming) ive had like 4 in the past 2 years!!!!!

Im no mechanic by far but doe the bearing sit inside the rear break drum??? if so could the drum be the reason behind need ing to replace the bearing somehow???

Need some help as it needs to be replaced again and last time i asked the garage they said it all looks fine and they dont know why its would need doing in such a short space of time.

Cheers

Hmmm, who's fitted the last few bearings?

You can ruin a bearing before its even done a mile on the car, If its pressed in wrong or if the bearing isnt torqued correctly.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Quick question, you sure its the wheel bearing?

I replaced all my bearings, only for the front two to go 4 months down the line.

Then the rear torsion bar was creaking, replaced that. Then the shocks went again.

So it may be related if you have underlying problems.

clio 1.4RT
same garage fitted the last few as i always used themand have no issues for the past 10 years of using them.

I asked about the bearing last time and they said they checked everything and all was fine.