ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel bearing just collapsed at 100 mph

Suzuki Ignis
Why were you doing 100mph to get there, aint that good of a day that you need to do 100mph ;)

Seems your ok though?
Anyway to get it to the show? Someone might have some bits there to sort it out.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
s**t bearings or been put in wrong. Had it happen to me so made sure I got the best this time and pressed in properly.

172 cup
i started a thread here about rear bearings failing to see if anybody else was having the same issue and it got moved to technical section, mine also failed before i'd done 2k on them

Its a bit of a s**tter mate, did the rear of the car twitch at all ?

Although it may be an idea to ask around and see if anyone can help you.
Lol at you at FCS sitting in Cs :rasp:

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
Im back at home, i didnt even make FCS :dapprove:
a nice man in an AA van took the car home for me:cool:

the rear of the car twitched rather a lot (there may be stains on the seat lol)

Im back at home, i didnt even make FCS :dapprove:
a nice man in an AA van took the car home for me:cool:

the rear of the car twitched rather a lot (there may be stains on the seat lol)

:(

I guess you'll just have to look at the pics from FCS on here.

How far did the AA have to tow you ?

You'll have to get pics up when you get the rear wheel off and see what mess the bearing is in.

Heres hoping you don't need a stub axle too.

Ph1 172 & meg 225 lu
wheel is off and its a mess there is no bearing left, just the inner and outer casings, abs sensor is fooked and not sure if the casings will come off the stub
they plonked the car on a flat bed truck and drove 80 miles to get me home (thank god the other half was in the car or i wouldnt have had the AA card

wheel is off and its a mess there is no bearing left, just the inner and outer casings, abs sensor is fooked and not sure if the casings will come off the stub
they plonked the car on a flat bed truck and drove 80 miles to get me home (thank god the other half was in the car or i wouldnt have had the AA card

Ouch !!!

If your careful with a grinder, files and wet and dry you may get away dressing up the stub axle as long as the heat hasn't turned it brittle.

Although pics may be better to see whats going on.

I think the AA would still pick you up if you never had your car and called them.

You just have to show them i.d i think.