ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel bearing help...

Jagggg...missing the 182!
Just fitted new wheel bearing, torqued it all up, but the disc still had bit of play in it

Took it all off (bearing in 3 pieces, took lot of hammering to get it back off for some reason? slid on easily)

Think the problem is ive had this spacer thing attached to the old bearing? (and now lost)

Ive got a 182 with cup packs, some of what i read says only the cup has this spacer? Cant see that being right, unless the disc or hub is different on non cup models - disc fouls against the hub right now?

Does it sound right im missing the spacer? Or anyone have a picture / schematic what i should be seeing?

BMW M135i
No they all have that spacer and its needed. They'll crack if put on the wrong way and tightened its been done a few times, how come you lost it?

Took it off with the old bearing/disc, might be with it, will check it at work tomorrow, other wise just have no idea where i left it

SQ5
I done the exact same thing mate, Its about £7 quid from Renault and comes under as a deflector :s

The exploded diagramshows it easy enough though. Just a pity you now need another bearing and disc :(

Got the bit now, jsut before refit it want to make sure im putting it on the right way, one side is flat, other is tapered.

i *think* tapered side is towards the disc, can anyone tell me which is right?

Cheers