ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear water leak 172

F.R 172
Hi

I know the clios are common for water leaking and i searched on the fourm and done the rear grommets n rear lights sealed them up. I have also removed the boot n sealed under the hinges.

But seems i am getting water in still it's coming in inside the second skin down the left hand side of the car.

Anyone have any ideas were it could be getting in. If i run hose pipe down the join from roof to spoiler it was making the leak worse why i went for the hinges.

Could it be just not sealed correct or am i missing something

Any help be great I'll try upload a photo

Attachments

• DSC_0008.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 59
  Clio 172 Merc ML55
All the grommets for the the wiring and rear wash in correctly at the top of the boot?

BMW 320d SE
My money is on your aerial base. I'm having the same issue with my 182. Unclip the headlining around the tailgate opening and put your hand inside to where the aerial bolts to the roof. If your hand comes out wet then that'll be your leak source.

F.R 172
I am going to reseal the boot hinges seal the cable grommets just to be sure n the aerial as well try narrow them down. I have got the use of an enderscope to put within the secondary skin to look for were the water coming from as well. Will keep people upto date on what i find.

After reading a id say every post on here for leaking water i just want to get it sorted so hopefully my plan of attack will work

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There are 2 under the spoiler as well, might be worth checking those too if you haven't already

F.R 172
Turns out i couldn't get i woth the camera the a 3rd skin i have sealed the boot cable n washer rubber and still leaking in under aerial is bone dry but yet still leaking in am outta ideas

BMW 320d SE
I have heard that occasionally they can leak from where the wing/three-quarter panel joins the roof panel, under the guttering strips. Worth a look maybe?

F.R 172
Yer i had heard that and looked couldn't see anything but were is it they leak under there? I have a feeling this could be a small hole or crack in something causing it

BMW 320d SE
If it's the join between panels, it's a hairline crack. Our old Toyota has the same problem and the boot has a small amount of water in it. I sealed under the gutter strips with silicone but it still never really fixed it.

F.R 172
I'll check re check them and see if i can see anything. I am going to remove the boot lid full clean everything up and reseal using this new rubber sealant designed for windscreen seal so hopefully I'll find it