ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear tyres...are they cheap ones?

1.2 16v Dynamique
The rear-right tyre on my clio is made by federal and the rear-left tyre is made by nexus, i'm just wondering are they bad "cheap" tyres or are they decent? they came when i bought the car and I have been told that having cheap rear tyres on is quite dangerous for cornering so could somebody just tell me should i get them replaced? thanks

1.2 16v Dynamique
ok good advice, will probably get the nexen changed then, or maybe change both and keep the federal as a spare and throw out the nexen, who knows :) thank youuu!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Having cheap tyres front or rear is dangerous btw so worth making sure the front has some good rubber too.

As in the other thread hankook v12 if you want to be tight or michelin ps3's if you want the best road tyre, not cheap though but no point skimping on the one thing keeping contact between the car and tarmac.

Yokohama parada spec 2's are also good but not too great in the wet although quite a predictable tyre so shouldnt catch you out at all.

Nankangs (serious) they are very popular on the vw+audi scene. Fitted to cars alot more powerful than rs clios!

But its law on here to have a certain brand, if not you shall get slated.....

Lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
If its a non sport then I would just be putting something like Vredsteins or Kumhos on etc. More than good enough.

No need to go wasting money on high performance tyres on a 1.2.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Nankangs (serious) they are very popular on the vw+audi scene. Fitted to cars alot more powerful than rs clios!

But its law on here to have a certain brand, if not you shall get slated.....

Lol

Its probably because Nankang make awful budget tyres, which can be found on many a second hand 1*2 including my own when I got it, obviously they make better tyres as well. Basicly other brands budget tyres are MUCH better than Nankangs budget tyres, which are f**king awful.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
why? both will do 70mph both will corner at the same speed both can be driven as hard as each other so why but cheaper tyres on a non sport?

If its a non sport then I would just be putting something like Vredsteins or Kumhos on etc. More than good enough.

No need to go wasting money on high performance tyres on a 1.2.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
why? both will do 70mph both will corner at the same speed both can be driven as hard as each other so why but cheaper tyres on a non sport?

Because it doesn't need something like Pilot sport 3s or Pirelli Pzeros.

Look at what all lower down models from car manufacturers come out the factory with, usually a decent mid range Hankook, Kumho, Michelin energy saver etc.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Its probably because Nankang make awful budget tyres, which can be found on many a second hand 1*2 including my own when I got it, obviously they make better tyres as well. Basicly other brands budget tyres are MUCH better than Nankangs budget tyres, which are f**king awful.

NS2R's are epic though ;)

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
why? if you drive your car hard to its limit the better the tyre the harder you can push it. engine size model dont matter its how hard you drive it.

so because i drive a 1.6 i should stick with budgets or midrange tyres ?
have always put premium tyres on my car dont matter what model it is .

​if someone just potter round to the shops in a sport why waste you money on top brands when budgets will do?
if someone has a 1.2 1.4 1.6 and drives it to the limit and may also do trackdays ect then budgets or midrange will be a waste of money better of with top brand names?

Because it doesn't need something like Pilot sport 3s or Pirelli Pzeros.

Look at what all lower down models from car manufacturers come out the factory with, usually a decent mid range Hankook, Kumho, Michelin energy saver etc.

Clio182

Why get better anything? Dunlop volleys are fine for long distance running, you don't need good quality running shoes, you're still running

Iam on about the cheap nankangs. :)

Near on every other vw/ audi at gti international the other week had a set fitted and ran probably twice the amount of power .So something doesn't add up.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
why? if you drive your car hard to its limit the better the tyre the harder you can push it. engine size model dont matter its how hard you drive it.

so because i drive a 1.6 i should stick with budgets or midrange tyres ?
have always put premium tyres on my car dont matter what model it is .

​if someone just potter round to the shops in a sport why waste you money on top brands when budgets will do?
if someone has a 1.2 1.4 1.6 and drives it to the limit and may also do trackdays ect then budgets or midrange will be a waste of money better of with top brand names?

He has a 1.2, I doubt he is flat out hammering it round corners on 3 wheels.

Thats like saying all cars will do 70, whats the point in supercars.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Iam on about the cheap nankangs. :)

Near on every other vw/ audi at gti international the other week had a set fitted and ran probably twice the amount of power .So something doesn't add up.

It seems a lot of that scene like them because they stretch quite easy. And in certain sizes tyres such as conti, mich etc don't exist in the sizes they want ha.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
Why get better anything? Dunlop volleys are fine for long distance running, you don't need good quality running shoes, you're still running

why drive a 182 when a 1.2 will get you from A to B?

because a budget to top brand tyre make a huge difference especially in poor weather its all about safety

Nothing at the mo :(
got a flat tyre on my fiesta 1.2 yesteday. currently got all goodyears on it.. 1 cheap budget one for me thanks ftw lol

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
He has a 1.2, I doubt he is flat out hammering it round corners on 3 wheels.

Thats like saying all cars will do 70, whats the point in supercars.

both cars are clios both will corner at the same speed both will do 70mph so why should a sport have a top brand tyre and a 1.2 not?

a tyre is the main thing that keeps you in contact with the road you want the best you can afford for the style/type of driving you do

the op has already found out he has found the limit of a budge tyre without trying.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
both cars are clios both will corner at the same speed both will do 70mph so why should a sport have a top brand tyre and a 1.2 not?

a tyre is the main thing that keeps you in contact with the road you want the best you can afford for the style/type of driving you do

the op has already found out he has found the limit of a budge tyre without trying.

​lol k

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Even though ben lee is a steeling fraudster scum bag I actually agree with what he's saying about the tyres.