ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Suspension Problem - 182 Cup

I have a 2005 182 Cup thats practically brand new with low kms.

The problem is I fitted semi slicks to the car and under extreme cornering (track work) the rear suspension bushes flex and the tyres are rubbing on the inner guards/bodywork.

I checked the clearance, its the same as the standard wheels/tyres but they don't generate as much grip as the semis to cause a problem. Its only when I run the semis that it rubs.

Powerflex don't do rear bushes, does anyone know of a solution to this problem or of someone out there who does polyurethane lower rear bushes for the 182 Cup?

I considered the 3mm spacers Loony, I think spacers would be a good last resort option if I can't fix it properly.

Fred its a stock 182 Cup with 15x7 ET45 rims and 205/50R15 Toyo R888 tyres.

The R888s are a little fat for 205s but the clearance is practically the same as the standard wheels/tyres - Its around 10-12mm between the tyre and the box section of inner bodywork just behind the left side of the rear bumper.

Any other ideas?

I'm thinking a rear swaybar might do the trick. I have a feeling there is too much grip at the rear causing it to toe out excessively.