ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear supsension gone?

Clio 182
Bonjour

Recently when i have been driving the old girl the back end seems more happy around corners and doesn't feel as solid. Also when there is any weight in the back it makes a kind of knocking dull noise over bumps and sometimes just cralwing of the clutch coming from the rear drivers side.
Any ideas anyone??
Suspension problem???
Cheers Rich

You might have a leaking shock, or a snapped spring. I'd get it up on a ramp, whip the rear wheels off & have look.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
i have this knocking mate, mainly one answer that my bros would be first to say,

"its a frog eatting surrender monkey car" lol nah its jus renault do s**t jobs on susspention, ther is nothing but knocks and bumps and fucked up ball joints, personally untill it gets real bad id jus ignore it.

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
Mine was like this and it was a rear shock, have a quick look under the back of the car and see if one of the shocks are soaked in oil (oil filled shocks) and you'll soon see if one has failed.

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Rear shock is fubard. i got a pair of bilstein ones for £53 from euro car parts