ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Strut Tops?

Polo GTi
Got a shitty knocking noise at the rear and traced it to a loose rear shock, now in the mean time while trying to diagnose the problem it has bitten away at the rubber washer type thing, can I just get a new one from the motor factors?

Are these called top mounts?

Scuse my ignorance ;)

How much an I looking at £10ish?

Also anyone have the torque setting for the nut, or just do it till I can't do it nay more!

On a 172 Cup by the way!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Top mounts, scrappy job, in your pocket ;) lol i'm 99% sure all clio mk2 are the same. iirc is there not an allen key insert in the top of the shock, to help lock the nut down?

Polo GTi
Cheers Gaz, there aint no allen key hole in the top like the fronts, just had a look and it looks like either side has different top mounts but im sure the metal washer that sits inside the rubber bit has gone walkabouts so they look different.

20NM the bolts should be done to it should have a small top on it to put a spaner on it as such.

20NM is nothing though torque wise its sort of hand tigth.

Polo GTi
The motor factors round here dont do the Strut tops for the 172, and Renault want 53quid for a full shock, so they can kiss my RS

Are the rear strut tops the same on all clios?