ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear springs not sitting in their cups

The car has apex lowering springs on which the owner has cable tied to the bottom cups. Upon jacking up the rear of the car today I realized why, the springs instantly pop out their seats and I need to feed them back in when lowering the car back down.

My issues are, surely they can quite easily pop out when going over a big bump, also the car needs an MOT and im worried it will fail on all the cable ties and the fact once its in the air the springs just pop out.

Is this normal for apex springs?

30562432957_29b3881295_b.jpg
20181022_111653 by felixta22, on Flickr

dan's cast offs.
possibly got wrong dampers on? and yes. it's an mot fail if the don't seat again when dropped back on it's wheels.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Wrong dampers at a guess. My dci done the same on stock shocks - 172cup rear shocks were 25mm shorter when put side by side. Have a look and see what fitted.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'd say dampers.

I've got some Eibach Sportline rear springs though if you are wanting go replace just the rear springs.