ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Shocks - Is there a torque setting?

Clio 182 arctic
Hi all
I'm waiting for a set or rear cup shocks to arrive, but was just wondering if there was a torque setting in nm for how tight the bottom bolt should be? Or is is just a case of 'that feels tight enough'

Thanks

Clio 182 arctic
Awesome. Thankyou
I seem to recall a thread with a list of torque setting for the 1*2 but I cant seem to find it

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Just be careful when putting that bolt in , use your fingers to make sure it's not cross threading to start with. It's a nightmare if it snaps in the rear beam.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is the bolt an m12x1.5? Mine cross threaded last time it went in. Didn't snap, but was tight.
Wanting to run a tap down it once I remove the bolt down it but need the size.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Cross threaded or rounded, tights tight IIRC

201512_1559_abddc_sm.jpg

Clio 182 arctic
Well, they went on with no damage/stripped threads etc.
Took me about 30 minutes to undo the bottom bolt on 1 side, had to get a longer bar on the ratchet as it was effing tight
Plus working on the floor meant I could only turn the bolt about a 1/8 of a turn at a time before taking the long bar off, resetting the ratchet and trying again....as the long bar hit the bumper

2nd one swapped out in less than 5 minutes.

God I need a car lift in my life.
Back end feels transformed