ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear shocks and oil change-Thanks

172 CUP
My rear shocks were gone and I needed to do an oil/filter change so asked for some tips.

Well i have never been any good with cars and never attempted to do any work myself, but as i was told numerous times about how easy it was to do the work i thought ''stuff it i'll do it myself''.

Well after a few hiccups and getting covered in oil i can happily say i have done both jobs to perfection (some may think that's quite sad lol but I'm pretty chuffed) especially as i have no experience whatsoever.

Was going to take some pic's but was more interested in doing the job so apologies plus i didn't think anyone would really be interested

So cheers for the advice and tips on here from some of you guy's. Helped make light work of a job i thought was going to be out of my comfort zone. :D

Anyone need some shocks or an oil change let me know as i'm already looking forward to doing it again lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Only problem is, you'll now try to do any job with no knowledge on how to do it, or is it just me?

182 Trophy #333
Glad to see you got on alright with it! What hiccups did you encounter? The little jobs can be quite daunting i guess if you've never done them before and its always good to get your hands dirty and do stuff yourself as i feel it gives you a better understanding of your car etc and it also saves you a tidy sum in garage fee's!

172 CUP
Only problem is, you'll now try to do any job with no knowledge on how to do it, or is it just me?

Its just you ;) No, one step at a time lol I was shi**ing brick's doing this job incase something went wrong. But it is such an easy job a monkey could do it. Just glad i had the nerve to try it.

Last edited:
  172 CUP
Glad to see you got on alright with it! What hiccups did you encounter? The little jobs can be quite daunting i guess if you've never done them before and its always good to get your hands dirty and do stuff yourself as i feel it gives you a better understanding of your car etc and it also saves you a tidy sum in garage fee's!

The hiccup was I got one side off and went to fit the new shock in and couldn't get it on, i panicked slightly as i'd started and wasn't sure if i could finish lol

I reckon i saved about 70 quid doing both jobs, so a pretty good feeling.:approve:

phase 1 flamer 172
bet very few get torqued up properly with all the whitelines getting fitted, only did mine "tight" as i had no figure.

PB Clio 172
A shame would of paid u. Mate of mine has let me down on getting me a set of discs so will buy them myself just need a garage to fit them

Well done neway man when I fitted my k tec splitter with the help of the gf's dad I felt well happy as u sound like me with cars lol

172 CUP
Rapid fit down marsh mills have done some stuff for me before and they aint too expensive. I took my own brake pads and discs down for a vectra