ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear shock help

Basically I've had a second hand set of k-tec coilovers in the shed for a while and had a spare hour tonight so thought I would fit the backs.

All went well till I let the car down and gave the shocks a wiggle to see if all was ok.

This is what happened

Lose mount: http://youtu.be/cJCiRO7q3UU

It's pretty solid at first then when I press down on the rear a few times its loose as hell.

Any ideas why?

I thought that but without it the strut sat about an inch too high so thought I would try it to see if it made any difference.

The passenger side strut doesn't have the black bit on and is perfectly fine, I only tried it on the drivers side as it was sat about an inch higher and wobbled around like crazy.

strut or shock? what does it look like?

Are you trying to be awkward/funny?

If you've watched the video you can see what's going on, I was tired last night.

I'll upload a video tonight of how if sat before I tried it with the black piece on.

dan's cast offs.
Are you trying to be awkward/funny?

If you've watched the video you can see what's going on, I was tired last night.

I'll upload a video tonight of how if sat before I tried it with the black piece on.

Nope, was a serious question, you used the word strut not shock so
was checking if it's just a shock or an actual coilover you're fitting on the rear.

Nope, was a serious question, you used the word strut not shock so
was checking if it's just a shock or an actual coilover you're fitting on the rear.

Yea I was tired and trying to multi task. It's the k-tec kit in fitting.