ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear shock bolt (18mm)

Clio 182
I have cross threaded this bolt and snapped it! I know this is a very stupid thing to do. Has anyone got a solution? Surely I don't need a new axle.
thanks for any helpful replys

renault clio 1.4 16v
if you can get the old bolt out u could re tap the axle mount... dont need a new axle

renault clio 1.4 16v
It might be possible to use a reverse tap... its like a normal tap bt the threads go the other way around so u drill a small hole in the broken off bolt and use the tap to unskrew it... if its too tight then ull have to use a drill press... I wouldnt try to drill it out using a hand drill. Most machine shops will be able to do it if u take the axle off...

Clio 182
Yeah that's what I was planning mate, iv got a snap on extractor set that I'm yet to use. If that fails il have to take it to a shop.
thanks for your help il let you know how it goes tonight.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Dude I did this a while back. Luckily the leg is hollow. Get a small pair of mulgrips up there and turn the bolt it wont actually be tight in there fingers may even turn it.