ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear shelf speaker grills ’02 clio

hi all,

in the 02 clio in the back on the parcel at either side there are two grills that look like they could get speakers under... my question is, can you, has any one done it or should i just stick to the idea of amp and 6*9s on a parcel shelf?

also if i replace the h/u (to a kenny/alpine) and get a steering wheel adaptor do you have to take the dash off, or can you put it behind the h/u? ive pulled the existing h/u out to have a peek and there doesnt look to be much room.

cheers
ian

Ive noticed that. Could one if the wanted, put components in the rear incorporating the two grills either side of the parcel shelf for the tweeters and you standard rear speaker positions for the mids? It would look very subtle and there would be no need for some glaring 6x9s, which I personly hate.

Best not listen to me for a final decision as I have the Mk1 Clio. But the idea looks promising.

you could get away with that but in my car i put sdome mids inhte standard speaker holes in the rear and then mounted my tweeters at angles just to the sides of the headrests in the corner of the windows i will post some pis when i get it back tonight. The sound stage is excellent

DONT GET 6X 9S BIGGEST MISTAKE OFF MY LIFE!!!:cry:

Interesting, I spent a lot of time at the Mini2 forum before I bought my 172 and they used to have a real problem with boot closure untill they put vents from the boot to the main cabin of the car. Air presure would cushion the boot when it was slamed and it wouldnt close properly.

Could this be a possible answer?

MB

Yep there was some weird theory that they were put in to improve the sound through from the exhaust but BMW denied it and stated the boot issue. The suspicion was that the Cooper S got them as it was the latest model and they would be implemented across the range over time

MB

Underneath the grills, is there anything there or is it just blank. Just to allow let the air pass through as you explained.

Look forward to your pics Dynamique-Dick

Matblack you are correct......the vents in the Cooper S parcelshelf are to make the exhaust note more audiable inside the car. What a load of b****cks!!! Flipping the back seats down is a much better option!

i thought it was because the battery was in the boot on a cooper S and its to allow through ventilation to cool it.????

Sorry Laner but that sounds really dubious, if the battery were giving off that much heat you would have real issues about using the boot, especially for frozen food!

MB

Quote: Originally posted by defusionx on 24 March 2003

at either side there are two grills that look like they could get speakers under... my question is, can you, has any one done it

Not to my knowledge

or should i just stick to the idea of amp and 6*9s on a parcel shelf?

NO NO NO !!!! 6x9s are the product of the devil, get a nice sub and amp combo for the rear, and some decent components (with an amp) for the front - trust me, you will not regret it if the kit is good enough

also if i replace the h/u (to a kenny/alpine) and get a steering wheel adaptor do you have to take the dash off, or can you put it behind the h/u? ive pulled the existing h/u out to have a peek and there doesnt look to be much room.

It is possible to do this wiring with the dash still on, but then again it is a damn sight easier to remove the dash, complete the wiring, then replace he dash rather than struggle with the space (or lack of)

cheers bambam, and the for all the other comments...

think im gonna go for a sub and an alpine h/u, anyone know where i can mail order the stalk control adapter for the h/u? also is it all bundle in with the iso adapter or will i need 2 seperate adapters?

cheers,
ian