ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear pads helps -

RS172
Evening guys,

Changing the rear pads on the 172 and run into a few problems.

First off I can not for the life of my release the pads from the caliper, I've pushed and wound the caliper back as much as I can but it doesn't seem I be moving back any further.

Any ideas or tips?

172 Cup
Tap out the piece of metal at the bottom that holds the pads in. They should then just pull out. Then wind the piston back, news pads in and secure with the piece of metal.

RS172
Ah right ok think I may have missed the metal part. Take it that's at the bottom of the caliper, the part which has a little metal clip on it?
Brakes don't look like they've been touch in near 30k miles as they're in pretty bad shape, so everything looks the same!

172 Cup
Yes, take the clip off and tap it out with a hammer and old screwdriver, its what holds the pads in.

Arctic Blue 182
I sawed mine of by accident as couldn't work out how to tap it out. It does tap out as I found out when sawing the end off didn't work....