ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear pads/discs help please ...

172 cup
The guide on here has been great getting me through the pads and disc swap on the rear of my 172cup but ive hit a stumbling point.

The disc is in place, everything tightened back up but I can't seem to get the pads to secure. They are just floating loose and that can't be right surely!

I have fitted the L shape piece of metal at the bottom, but I'm unsure on the positioning/securing of the clips which are meant to retain the pad... It looks exactly the same as the pictures in the guide but definately doesn't feel right.

Here's some pics so maybe someone can point out the obvious error I'm making :)

Thanks
0932cc12.jpg

6dff1cdb.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The two metal spring clips arent in right, should be a bit further up so they sit/push against the pad carrier...

How did you find following the guide and doing it yourself? apart form the minor mistake. i am just about to order some and give it go?

172 cup
yeah i took my time, that shim going in the wrong way was obvious... i was giving the springy retainer clip nothing to push against. once i found a way to get the tension in it and put the L shaped piece in the right way it was ok.

im stripping them both down again tomorrow anyway to clean and paint them up as they were awful, id expect it will be a straightforward job which will take a few hours with painting after todays practice run.