ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear pad replacement

Clio 182
Rear pads need replacing soonish and i'm just wondering where the best/cheapest place to get them from is?

I'm not upgrading and just after some standard, preferably genuine, pads for the 182.

Was going to fit them myself to save some pennies so anywhere off the net is good!

Cheers,

Dan

Clio 182
Thanks.

Just checked their online catalogue out and there's none on there for the RS versions. May give them a call to see if they can get hold of them and at what price.

Thanks.

Just checked their online catalogue out and there's none on there for the RS versions. May give them a call to see if they can get hold of them and at what price.

They deffo do them. Maybe listed as laguna or something, best thing is to phone them.

Clio 182
Just called both GSF and Renault now,

Renault stealership want £42.35 + vat for a set of rear pads, stuff that!

GSF offer 3 brands;

Cheap: £9.40 + vat for vtech(?) pads
Mid: £13.60 + vat for Mintex
Top: £18.10 + vat for Textar (Thought he said Textron but never heard of them...)

Much better prices! Is it worth paying the extra £5 for the Textar over Mintex??

A Flamin' Red one
I wouldnt have said so. The rear pads hardly get as much use as the fronts so as long as you at least have something, you're fine.

Clio 182
+1 Halfords sell ferodo's for the 1*2's at £16.

If you have a trade card they're around a tenner IIRC.

D-nut.

Most of the products on ebay and the ones sold in places like GSF, are OEM products made by Mintex, Ferrodo etc. Many people assume the name means they will be better quality yet the reality is they are standard replacement parts.
Check the part numbers before buying!

Kev

Clio 182
Most of the products on ebay and the ones sold in places like GSF, are OEM products made by Mintex, Ferrodo etc. Many people assume the name means they will be better quality yet the reality is they are standard replacement parts.
Check the part numbers before buying!

Kev

Yeah, seems apparent from the searching i've done around them!

Cheers for the response though guys. Think i'm just going to call in to GSF over lunch today and get the mintex ones.

That'll leave me only with the issue of wrestling with my calipers to get the things on! :D

i think OE are Bendix (?); can't remember which they came from, but either ECP or GSF had them at £12 last time i bought some. they're the same pads that are fitted to a lot of Frenchies with the same rear calipers

02 172, 07 AstraVan
mintex are awful i made that mistake they lasted 300 miles on the front :/ cheap discs and pads ftfl, only use brembo discs and ebc pads now

Clio 182
Cool, might get the Bendix ones instead then, they are only £5 more anyway.

I've got brembo grooved discs with ferrodo pads on the front but not too bothered about the rear due to the lack of braking they contribute to.

GSF wanted £13 for the OE rear pads (Bendix) but I bought the Textar pads for £17(I've used Textar before, v.good pads - OE on Porsche)