ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Hub Nut Size

Renault Megane R26
Guys,

Please help, just noticed the rear brake disc cracked mates got the new ones but need to get the old one offs. To save time does anybody know what the hub nut size is???

Clio 172 2003.

Help Guys

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
pretty sure it's 175 nm for the rear hub nut.

edit - yeah it is for sure.

Renault Megane R26
Guys

How easy is it to fit? Is it straight on? Or will I need to be messing around with ABS rings etc?? Not sure if the disc already have them fitted? Mate phones died so cant ask him.

Clio 172 Cup
Bearings should be pressed in and new rings should be on new discs. quick swap once you've undone everything. 30-45mins for whole job all going well.

Bumder With A Buffer
It's fairly easy to pop the old ABS ring anyway (I reused mine) if they don't have them on.

Diffrent sized screwdrivers and work your way round...URL eventually pop off.

Renault Megane R26
How likely is it theres no ABS ring etc? Does that make it a different situation altogether

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
best to find discs with abs ring already fitted, less time fitting wise and easier to do too.

bendix are a good OE manufacturer that supply them this way, failing that Renault do do some good deals on he genuine one's. Again supplied with the abs ring fitted.

Renault Megane R26
Guys, got new disc but wheel bearing and abs not fitted. Need some help with this. Can it be swapped over??

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Yes, Press bearing out of old disc, press into new disc, heat ABS ring and remove from old disc, fit to new disc. Bob's your uncle

330i. E30 Touring.
It'll be a miracle if the old bearing is saveable.

I'd always replace while the back's all stripped down.

330i. E30 Touring.
If it's been in there a while, it'll be worn anyway. And they're a fucker to shift.

For the sake of £15 a side-ish, replace.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Are they really that crap bearings that you cant press them out? Every bearing I've ever done, mainly on tractors, machinery etc has pressed out without breaking. Obviously apart from ones which were already knackered

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL.

No chance.

With mine, a 10T press struggled. It's in there f**king tight! Plus, it needs to come out and go in completely straight, or you'll knacker it, for sure!