ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Hub Deflectors

2002 Clio 172
I was changing the rear discs on the weekend, and discovered that my car didn’t have the spacer that goes between the disc and the hub (called a deflector).

I have these parts on order now, with the car on stands until I get them as I didn’t want to risk damaging the new bearings by fitting the discs without them (the reason for changing the discs in the first place was because of a worn bearing).

Does anyone know if there might have been any other damage caused by the car running without these deflectors?

2002 Clio 172
No they are not against the old bearings. Only the bearing seals are present. And on one side the seal had come away and the bearing cage has disintegrated, hence noisy bearing. But defo no deflectors, after looking at pictures in the guides on here, and in the workshop manual.

This would mean that the discs would run closer to the hubs, and there is a slight rubbing mark where the ABS rings were touching, but it is only small, and the ABS was still working before I took the discs off. So I am quite confident that the ABS sensors are ok, just not sure what else might have been affected.