ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Geometry

A quick bit of background.

I bought my 172 cup track car last year, with some work already done to it.
For this year I wanted to take the car on another step. The car came with Spax RSX coilovers, camber bolts and a 1 deg camber shim at the rear (#?) and a Wline ARB.

For this year I have fitted PMS solid top mount and brace, braced lower arms, Black polybushes throughout, 15mm spacers to front, 10mm to rear, new Brembo HC discs and Carbotech XP8 pads.
It runs on Toyo 888’s.
The Front Geometry was around -2 deg Camber front, -1.6 deg rear.
After lots of searching on here and discussing with some other Clio track drivers, I decided to have this set at -3 front and -2 rear. So purchased some 1.5 deg 10mm spacer shims from M.A.D. Remove 1 deg shim, add 1.5 = add 0.5deg.

But it turns out the 1.0 deg shims hadn’t been fitted, so I have added 1.5 and now have -3.1 rear camber.
I ran this at Snetterton yesterday, and no surprises, the rear was loose and the tyres didn’t get warm on the outer edges.

So some advice please, do I buy another set of 10mm spacers and some 0.5 deg shims and run -2.1 or just fit the spacers and run the standard camber, 1.6 .

cheers

I run standard rear camber with 3 degrees -ve on the front and really like it,bro can't see me changing, no weird tyre wear either! My rear beam, after a bit of faffing is now square which made a huge difference

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Remove the front spacers also, will have ruined your scrub radius