ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear fog light on when brake pedal pressed limp mode help

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi driving on motorway this morning car suddenly loses power,coil light comes on and notice the fog light is on when braking or in reverse would thius cause limp mode car is 172 cup cheers

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Fog light warning lamp when braking is normally the sign of a bad earth with the rear lamp clusters.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
Bump. Noticed this on the 182 today on the way in to work. Rear fog lamp illuminates or flickers when brake pedal is depressed. Ideas?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Same with me. Fog dash light flashes in time with my indicator.

A million people have said to clean the earth under the plastic at the rear of the boot, but i'm yet to get round to doing it.

Volvo S40
Another place to check is the connector itself. Unscrew and remove the rear light cluster and check the pins for corrosion. You may need to clean them off with some sandpaper and use contact spray to get a better connection. I had to bend the pins on mine also to completely solve the issue (all will become clear when you remove the cluster).

Clio 182
Another place to check is the connector itself. Unscrew and remove the rear light cluster and check the pins for corrosion. You may need to clean them off with some sandpaper and use contact spray to get a better connection. I had to bend the pins on mine also to completely solve the issue (all will become clear when you remove the cluster).
This is what worked for me on the weekend and sorted the problem out especially pushing the pins to make a tighter fit around the rear light cluster.