ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear exhaust mount bolt loose- stripped thread.

Anyone know the size of the bolts that hold the mount in place?

I've either stripped the thread on the bolt or the body. Hope it's the bolt.

If I've stripped it off the body anyone had this happen before? How did you fix?

Been fiddling on with this to no avail. I managed to get my fingers underneath and the captive nut is no longer captive.

I'm going to have to cut the bolt head off and then push the captive nut out. What options have I got once I've done this?

Ok so I've checked an old thread and it looks as though the bolts are m8x25. I'll be some of these from a local fastener place tomorrow. Now I've noticed some say they will screw in without the captive nut. If this doesn't work I'll get a rivnut in.

Hopefully this thread will help some one else in a similar position

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The captive nuts are b*stards, the welds break and there's no way to get them off,
my backbox is fixed to the car with zip ties and jubilee clips, they work far better than the mounts.

The captive nuts are b*stards, the welds break and there's no way to get them off,
my backbox is fixed to the car with zip ties and jubilee clips, they work far better than the mounts.

Ha! I quite like this option. Only started pissing about with it to fit a poly bush in as it's shagged.

Should have known better than to start on a Sunday!