ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear drivers hub removal

clio 172 sport ph1
hey guys I've got a wheel bearing gone on the rear drivers side was just hoping for some advice on taking the hub off on what to watch out for and the easiest way to remove it please? :):)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
If you're talking about a ph1 172 that's under your name

The bearings on the rear of these cars are part of the brake disc assembly. Simply change rear discs mate

Remove the big nut and pull the disc off. The bearing is part of the disc. Watch out for the spacer too. Make sure this isn't lost.

Clio II 1.2 16V
Yep press it out, 49 mm thick walled pipe to push it out, 52mm thick walled pipe to push new one in, done it loads of times.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
the rear discs don't need replacing, so I'm guessing the bearing is pressed out and in like the front hub mate?

Measure the thickness mate. The rear discs come with 8mm new and are advised to be changed at 7mm so they might not have a lot of life left in them.
Its not really cost effective to swap bearings over in long run (for good quality oem spec ones anyway)

Also worth checking if the little spacers that should be present behind rear discs are there as these missing can lead to bearing failure

clio 172 sport ph1
are the hubs a b**ch to take off? i`ve done plenty of front hubs but not taken off a rear so am guessin the rear is just take off the disc???

Nimbus Clio 197
Yeah its a piece of piss to take them off. The bearings were £44 each when I needed to do mine, so I just bought a pair of rear discs and banged them on, didn't have to muck about pressing the bearings in and out

clio 172 sport ph1
Yeah its a piece of piss to take them off. The bearings were £44 each when I needed to do mine, so I just bought a pair of rear discs and banged them on, didn't have to muck about pressing the bearings in and out

fair play mike, I've just had a quote on a new pair of discs with the bearing and the abs ring all on ready to fit for £44 couldn't believe how cheap they are they'll be on Friday :):)

clio 172 sport ph1
some of us won't and can't afford the genuine rip offs from Renault nick mate,mintex have been around for a while and I've always used them on my valvers and they've always delivered, never failed me, have mintex pads on now and seriously can't fault them :):)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yes. Inside of the disc, its obvious when fitting. They are sided, flat side to disc/bearings and tapered towards car

Retorque hub nut to 175nm aswel

Sorted photo bucket but too late to edit my above post:

th_null_zps432ddeb7.jpg

If they are not present I wouldn't fit your new discs until you get them on

clio 172 sport ph1
it's a result G172 mate they had the spacers on gone on nicely and no more noisy wheel bearing :) :) just need a centre section of the exhaust now she's blowing a wee bit lol

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
I think I'm in need of bearing(s) but will just change the disc(s). G172 are you the chap to speak to regarding well priced parts? Cheers!

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
This for your Valver or a 172/182? PM me car reg/details please and ill get you a quote mate

Sorry bud, completely forget to mention, its a 172 FF on 02 plate, tried to PM but it tells me my box is full, which it isn't, and then says yours is full also, ha. So can't get a PM across atm. Can I email reg to you? Cheers bud!