ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Disks Sticking

Hi, i have jst bought a 16v clio it has been sat with the handbrake on for a while so the rear disks are sticking a bit. Does anyone know a way of solving this problem ? Thanx!!

BG 182, R26

I had the same problem with mine. Especially when it was cold and damp or after Id washed the car. I ended up stripping and cleaning the brakes and it hasnt happened since, touch wood. ;)

tiTTy & SV650

i get it in my 182 after i wash it or after crappy weather - you could remove the discs and clean them up (rub with emery paper and clean with Meths) if its really bad but theyll clean themselves as you use them to some extent.

Cheers! il have to give them a clean cos they have been sticking for a while.. not that ive been driving it alot i can afford the insurance until i get paid im only 17!!! lol someone told me to take the wheel off and hit the calliper with a hammer ? im guessing this wouldnt help ?

lol il take a hammer round later !! :D and thanx for the welcome everyone !! im getting the insurance all started at the begining of may so il have to run it in and let them loosen up! ... then go after this little VTR that has been anooying me all the time since i had my 1.2 RL as if he had anything to proove!! 1.6 against 1.2 no hope!! lol

renault clio 182 cup

mine does the exact same thing when hasnt been used for a few days.i look forward to the clonk when they release.