ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear discs and pads.

billinjah

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 172
Any recommendations for rear discs and pads for track use they don’t do much but I cracked a rear disc on two track outings so want to avoid! Any suggestions appreciated.

dan's cast offs.
Generally only crack due to sticking calliper.

I've fitted numerous sets of minted and had no issues. I know someone said bearings don't last on track but had a pair on the wife's car tjat have done best part of 80,000 miles and bearings are sweet still.

billinjah

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 172
I think I may have had a sticking caliper. New ones now though. I’ll go mintex then half the price.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Sticking caliper is been cause for the rear discs to crack, due to the excessive heat

You want to be running the Brembo or Renault rear discs on track, the other makes bearings just don't last on track (I can supply pretty much all the main manufacturers including Mintex) . Especially when using sticky tyres. All the guys I supply brakes to who track and race their cars now run Brembo or Renault only due to the better bearings