ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear coilovers - Advice Needed

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Hey guys, been offered some rear coilovers fairly cheap, just wwandering will there be any adverse affects to me fitting just the rears, and sticking oem up front? Or will it be fine?

Any advice is appreciated as to if it will be unsafe, bad handling or all fine/ better than standard etc!

Cheers for looking guys

Golf GTD Mk7
Would depend on how you set them up, spring/damping rates. Front setup currently. Not worth it IMO

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
Would depend on how you set them up, spring/damping rates. Front setup currently. Not worth it IMO
Not worth it due to cost or something else? As i need new rear dampers anyway and can get the rear coil overs cheaper than 2 new oem dampers, But obviously if its detrimental to the handling i wont be doing it!

Stripped yozza'd cup
I'm pretty sure it will handle like s**t. I'll be surprised if you'll find anyone that's done it tbh.

I certainly wouldn't do it to mine.

Golf GTD Mk7
Not worth it due to cost or something else? As i need new rear dampers anyway and can get the rear coil overs cheaper than 2 new oem dampers, But obviously if its detrimental to the handling i wont be doing it!

I mean I doubt you can just put them on and away you go. They will need messing with I'd imagine. Ride height will look silly unless you leave it standard, or get lower springs for the front. With a coilover set, everything is 'set up' to a degree. You just tweak it. How much and what make are they?

ph1 172
I have just bought some new coilovers for mine after 1 of my fk konigsport rear dampners failed. Therefore I will have 2 front fk coilover struts/springs for sale within the next 2 weeks if your interested?