ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear calipers welding on

Since the salt has gone down, my rear calipers have been getting stuck on in the morning. So badly that I have to rock the car back and forward before they loudly snap free. I remember this happening on my old clio but not all the time. It happened today after sitting at work for 8 hours

I've been leaving the handbrake off whenever I can. Anything to worry about? Or just a 182 quirk?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I came to the conclusion it was not worth the time & effort, + the cost of a rebuild kit & went this way.

Will probably need 2 rear brake pipes @ £35 a piece too.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/ridex/8100063

I just wound out the piston, cleaned it up with a very light scotchbrite, cleaned out the caliper, bled it all out (the fluid came out black!). Then I took off the boot for the handbrake, cleaned out the grease and then added some fresh stuff and used a set of grips to work the handbrake mech back and forward. After all that it was so much better! I cracked a disc when I first bought my dCi as the handbrake was that stuck on lol

It may work for some but can’t guarantee.

They’ll be sticking, will need the piston and mech greasing and cleaning out. When was the last time you flushed the fluid out too?
I've only had the car a few months so not sure when they were last done

I came to the conclusion it was not worth the time & effort, + the cost of a rebuild kit & went this way.

Will probably need 2 rear brake pipes @ £35 a piece too.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/ridex/8100063

I think I had aftermarket ones on my old 182 and the mechanism kept snapping if I remember right

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Mine do it all the time after heavy rain, it doesn't get driven that much either.

Just one of them things. Leave it in gear.

Its just surface rust on the disc/pad from rain, my old Clio and current Octavia does it every time it pisses down then dries up. Nothing to worry about. Just make sure you release it gently as it can knacker the pads especially if track rated pads.