ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brakes help.

182 Cup
Hi guys here's my quandary, I fitted new rear pads about ten days ago and since doing so I've had an awful rotating sort of noise, now I think it's a N/S/R wheel bearing on its way out, can't here a lot of noise when jacked up and spun but I think I can here something other than the pads catching slightly, my question is if I get new rear discs/bearings should I still get brand new pads again even though the ones on there are ten days old?

cheers for any input you can give.

​si

Clio 172 2001
I had the same sort of problem, where I had the bearing changed it had come apart inside it self, where everything was meant to be tight it was loose, if you take the wheel back off try moving the disk if it wobbles it was the same problem as mine, the wheel wouldn't wobble thought because it was done up so tight but made a rubbing noise when up above 30 mph :/ I changed the bearing again and had it fitted by another mechanic and it's been great since :) hope this helps mate

182 Cup
Yeah that sounds like what I've got, so do I get another new set of pads with new discs I'll need then?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Remember to pay attention to the washer if you're changing them yourself.

182 Cup
Cheers for the help guys, next question, is it safe to re-thread the bolt that holds the pad retainer to the calliper or should I buy a new calliper altogether? :/

182 Cup
Any idea guys, will it be safe to re-thred the bolt and hole with tap and die or should I buy a new calliper?