ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake pads

Clio 182
Time to change my rear pads, track car only so just wondering if there's any point going from standard pads on the back as they don't exactly do the lions share of braking.....worth going for a track pad same as up front??

Clio 182
I don't mind paying for what I need when it's making a difference but I don't see the point in throwing in £100 pads on the back if I'll see no gain is what I'm getting at really.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
"Text book" you run a slightly less focused compound in the rear to the front. You'll be fine with a decent oe in the rear like Brembo running those fronts

Clio 182
"Text book" you run a slightly less focused compound in the rear to the front. You'll be fine with a decent oe in the rear like Brembo running those fronts

Thanks, good advice.
At what point would I need to upgrade the rears then would you say, I'll probably go for a more aggressive pad again when the rc5's are done.....was thinking ds1.1 next

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
No worries. Text book with the front DS1.11 would be the DS2500 in the rear, which is what set up the current Clio Cup cars run

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I don't mind paying for what I need when it's making a difference but I don't see the point in throwing in £100 pads on the back if I'll see no gain is what I'm getting at really.
You won't see any benefits from race pads in the rear.

Just stick to the Brembos and you will be fine.

The rear brakes just about clean up the rusty discs after washing the car. [emoji23]