ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake pad tool ??

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
Ok so pads need changing on the clio mk3 dci 106 version has discs on the back and just wondering if anyone knows do I need a tool to retract the piston or just like the front with a simple leveraged push, should be the same other clios with rear discs I'd imagine.

Many.
wind back tool required.

Could maybe do it without, I have a couple of times, but if they aren't very very easy to turn, thats a pain in the ass.

Westfield, 182, 200
Pretty sure you'll need a wind back tool, the Clio 182,197 & 200 definately do.

£10 off ebay or £20 from motor factors.

Clio Dci 106 dynamic
Will get one from eBay, halfords only have a laser kit for all cars which is £70

Clio 182
Not all pistons wind in clockwise either. Some cars have clockwise one side and anti-clockwise the other.
Get one if those full kits off eBay for under £30.
It has pretty much everything

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I used one when I did mine, wouldn't say you'd need it but it depends on how old your car is and the state of the calipers IMO.

The rears get absolutely covered in Sh*t meaning some calipers can seize/get sticky, a winder would make it easier.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I just use a square file or similar to give a good bit of leverage, sack buying something specific and if your caliper wont wind back with that or a flat blade screwdriver its pretty much kippered and needs replacing anyway ;)

Renault Clio 172 cup
Machine mart do one with the left hand thread for Renaults for about 12 quid, or use a screwdriver as everyone suggests.