ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brake Discs and Bearings

Clio 182 FF
Hi Guys

Do the rear brake discs always include bearings? I had my discs replaced summer time last year and now my bearings are showing play? Is it likely the garage pressed my existing bearings into new discs or would my new discs have come with bearings? I don't want to fork out a load more money if i don't have to but would rather buy my own set of discs for them to fit if needs be.

Cheers

Renault Clio 182 BG
i think they can either come with or without. I bought rear disc's, pads and bearings last week with the bearings pre-pressed in but there are obviously disc's for sale without and if you didt ask for them to be done then i dont think they will of.

Clio 172
You also need to remember the bearing spacer. Sometimes these get forgotten about and get binned with the old discs as they can get stuck to them. Without the spacer being fitted between the hub and bearing the bearing will suffer damage a lot quicker. Contact @G 172, he is a trader on here (this is his profile >> http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?7127-G-172 <<) and he can sort you a full kit including the spacers that will sort you out! :)

Jack

Clio 182 FF
Would i be better to just buy some new discs with bearings pre pressed and get these fitted? I don't want to spend out more as i feel the job hasn't been done properly in the first place but if it means i don't have this problem again. Mintex for 60 on ebay which is the cost of two new bearings fitted anyway apparently.

Renault Clio 182 BG
There the ones ive got, Mintex parts which arnt the best but its what you normally would get from a motor factors. £57.99 with free postage.

Alot of people have been saying that they often change the rear brakes and bearings on the little Clio's has theres no real rear end braking and they just corrode so theres no point spending mega money on OEM parts

Clio 182 FF
There the ones ive got, Mintex parts which arnt the best but its what you normally would get from a motor factors. £57.99 with free postage.

Alot of people have been saying that they often change the rear brakes and bearings on the little Clio's has theres no real rear end braking and they just corrode so theres no point spending mega money on OEM parts

Thanks, i have read that too. Just trying to figure out which would be best. Want it sorted ASAP.

Need to get my hazzards fixed too, they are a real b**ch as i don't think its the switch! Grrrrrrrrrr

Clio 182 FF
Update,

Local garage have replaced just the bearings! Cost of £150 fitted. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Morale of the story, always get your bearings replaced with your discs! :mad: