ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake disc bearings ?

I'm looking t getting a set of the OE rear discs and pads from Fred, the current OE set have been on for 2-1/2 years, the near side has started to rumble when turning right on high speed bends but the discs are in good condition, is it worth purchasing new OE bearings as well to to fit into the the current set and keep for spares, and swap in pairs untill the discs are beyond repair, or is it not worth the time and expendature?
Any advice appreciated from traders etc.

Regards Russ.........

Lionel Richie
we can do OE bearings (SNR) for £27.50 each or cheap far east jobbies for about £12 each (not that i would sell customers them, fine on my own cars LOL!)

Cheers for that I'd always go OE tbh, I assume this is a weak point on Clios? I've gone to Yoko ADO8's 205 x 45 x 16 and I'm worried these will load that side even more at Aintree in April, whats involved in removing the old bearing? is it press only or can I make a tool to fit and extract with a threaded rod and mandrel to pull out the old bearing bearings.

Regards Russ............

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've also seen these rears crack the casting coming out to... just replace the rear discs assembly imo

Cheers for the replies lads, just seems a waist when the bearing fails but the disc is in good condition.

Regards Russ.......