ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake compensator delete

fixedgear

ClioSport Club Member
I have had a search but couldn't really find what I was looking for.

Can anyone advise on deleting the rear brake compensator and if a bias valve needs to be installed in it's place (futher upstream) or if the brake balance is ok with just hoses in place.

Any help gratefully received.

Tom

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I can let you know in a couple of weeks although I have fitted a tilton bias valve. From. What I've heard deleting the compensator with nothing else gives too much rear bias..

If you delete the compensator it will just go to 50/50 or more rear bias than with the compensator as there's nothing regulating the bias from the M/C, you'd need a bias valve fitting for sure. It would just be like pulling the ABS fuse on the 182 which isn't ideal TBH as the rears lock up first.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If you delete the compensator it will just go to 50/50 or more rear bias than with the compensator as there's nothing regulating the bias from the M/C, you'd need a bias valve fitting for sure. It would just be like pulling the ABS fuse on the 182 which isn't ideal TBH as the rears lock up first.

Yeah, this.

WOULD. NOT. RECOMMEND.