ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear braided lines need fitting

Golf GTD Mk7
It can't be that hard. Get the haynes guide on brakes and feel some self satisfaction. Saying that, if your rear brakes fail it's nothing major, not like they do much really lol

Clio 172 cup
They are a piece of p*** to do. You only need to jack up the passenger side of the car to do it. It will take literally 10 minutes to do.

If you not confident with the spanners though then let some one else give it a go. If you watch them do it you will see just how easy it is.

C

Cupster

Piccy486.jpg

They are a piece of p*** to do. You only need to jack up the passenger side of the car to do it. It will take literally 10 minutes to do.

If you not confident with the spanners though then let some one else give it a go. If you watch them do it you will see just how easy it is.

what about bleeding the drivers side?

Clio 172 cup
Well i fitted front and rear to mine. The peddle is a bit stiffer; can I tell the difference?

No.

No doubt they are doing something but I don't go on track and the time when I've driven it hard the brakes do there job well.

Bleeding is easy as well. Just get some one to press the peddle while you adjust the nipple to let the air out, nip it back up and then do it again. keep you eye on the fluid level and you will have no problems at all.

I would do it for you but in this weather I don't fancy it and I live miles away from you. Fred has offered. Let him do it while you watch / assist.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm in the same Boat,
I'm sure it's easy but would just rather leave it to someone who knows exactly what they are doing, Going to get them fitted while I get it Serviced Early Next Year

Had mine fitted last week and can't believe what a difference they make. Haven't used the brakes in anger yet as want to bed them in nicely but they are the best mod I've made so far (along with the Pagids).

Ph2 172 Cup
I've had mine about 1 month and wouldn't say they made a massive difference on the road, perhaps a little stiffer. I think this is a good thing as I did the same mod on a Fiesta once and it turned the brake pedal into an on/off button!

Where it's really made a difference is on the track. With a standard setup I found that somewhere about 4-5 hard laps the brake pedal turned to mush (and scarily quickly) now it's more like 6-7 and the braking is limited by the pads (next upgrade).