ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Beam Question

Clio 182
Hi,

My rear beam is bent and I need a replacement.

Does anybody know if I can use any mk2 Clio beam and swap everything over? (like the brakes, stub axles torsion bar etc) or do I have to use a 182 beam?

The reason I ask is that there a plenty of non- sport beams going cheap.

Thanks in advance

Clio 182
Just had a think, does the arb actually come out or is it welded in by those plates? I know the 182 has a thicker ARB.

Clio Mk2 Ph3
Hi,

My rear beam is bent and I need a replacement.

Does anybody know if I can use any mk2 Clio beam and swap everything over? (like the brakes, stub axles torsion bar etc) or do I have to use a 182 beam?

The reason I ask is that there a plenty of non- sport beams going cheap.

Thanks in advance
Of course,you can use any clio's MK2 rear axle beam,but DON'T DO IT.Clio 182 rear antiroll bar 24mm, and other Clio(non sport),from 11mm to 19mm(1.4-1.616v)!!!

Clio 182
Of course,you can use any clio's MK2 rear axle beam,but DON'T DO IT.Clio 182 rear antiroll bar 24mm, and other Clio(non sport),from 11mm to 19mm(1.4-1.616v)!!!

Yea that's what I thought, if I could swap the bars over it would be sweet as but I don't think they can be removed?

Clio 182
I thought the Clio's only had front arb's that's why people for the likes of the whiteline arb?

The beam has a torsion bar built into it, the overall set up is known as a torsion-beam. People but other ARBs on to increase the rear stifness further still :)

Clio 172 Cup
You definitely can't chuck on any, as has already been mentioned. Although the good news is that all the 172's (ph1 & 2) and 182's have the same rear beam, so any of those can be used.

All the beams are the same dimensions so are interchangable.

The ARB are welded to the beams.

There are a range of sizes of ARB dependent on model it came off.

DCI have the thickest non-sport ARB iirc, but id go for a sport one.

Clio 182
Thanks for the info guys, I've ordered a 172 beam and I have got an adjustable ARB anyway so I can just stiffen that up to compensate.